To the congregation of Poland Baptist Church,
UPDATE: In light of recent statements from government officials advising against congregating in groups of more than 10, we have decided to cancel ALL services and events at Poland Baptist Church until further notice.
We will be broadcasting the sermon on Sunday morning at 10am for each of the Lord’s Days and encourage everyone to view online at the link provided.
You have likely been keeping up with the situation related to the coronavirus pandemic and the states of emergency that have been declared both on a national as well as a local level.
In light of this, your elders and deacons have met and crafted the following policy to be in effect for the next four weeks, (through Sunday, April 5, 2020):
- If you or members of your household have symptoms of cold or flu, please stay home.
- If you have no symptoms, but would prefer to stay at home out of a sense of caution, we encourage you to use your own best judgement.
- If you have underlying health conditions that make you more vulnerable, especially if you are 60 and older, we recommend that you refrain from gathering on Sunday morning.
In the event that you are needing to stay at home on Sunday morning, we encourage you to log onto https://polandchurch.org and view the service live online.
In addition to the recommendations above, the following events that fall within the four week window have been cancelled:
- The dinner / shower for Jason and Bethany Glick that was scheduled for this Sunday, March 15 is cancelled.
- The 9am Sunday School is cancelled.
- Children’s Bible hour is cancelled and children should stay with their families during the worship service.
- The Lord’s supper service on April 5 is cancelled. We will resume this observance on May 3.
- Small groups for March are cancelled. We will resume on April 19.
- Wednesday Evening Prayer Meetings are cancelled. We will resume on April 15.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during these coming weeks as this situation unfolds. Your elders and deacons will be monitoring events and bulletins and meeting regularly to determine whether we should change or extend these recommendations. We will, in turn, keep you informed by posting statements on our website and on our FaceBook page.
Remember that we serve the Lord of all created things and He rules over even the coronavirus, governing all things for the good of His people! All things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Rom. 8:28