ABOUT THE BIBLE
- The Bible is God’s Word (2 Timothy 3:16)
- The BIble is divinely inspired (2 Peter 1:21)
- The Bible is without error in the original manuscripts
- The Bible is the sole, supreme and final authority for what we believe and how we live (2 Peter 1:3)
- God never changes or varies (Malachi 3:6; James1:17)
- God is love (I John 4:8-16)
- God is perfect in holiness (Exodus 15:11; Leviticus 11:44,45)
- God’s power is beyond measure (Genesis 1:17)
- The Godhead Eternally exists in three persons:
- The Father Who is sovereign over all (Psalm 19:1-6)
- Jesus Christ The only Son of God conceived of the Holy Spirit (Mathew 1:20), of the virgin birth (Mathew 1:16), who paid the penalty of the church by His death on the Cross. He is true God and true man (Philippians 2:7), the only sinless human and therefore the only one qualified to be the Savior of the church (I Peter 2:24). We believe that He rose from the dead, that He ascended to the position of power at God the Father’s right hand, and that He will visibly return to earth (I Thessalonians 4:13-18).
- The Holy Spirit Sent by God to convict and bring new life to sinners, and to indwell, seal (Ephesians 1:13), guide (John 16:13), instruct and to give power to believers for godly living and service (Galatians 5:22).
- Man was created in the image of God
- Man is sinful both by nature and by choice and thereby has incurred both physical and spiritual death, seperating him from God. (Romans 3:23)
- Man is holly unable to save himself from the wrath of God and is seperated from God because of sin
- Man is totally dead and has no ability by which to commend Himself to God and therefore deserves eternal punishment (Romans 5:12; Ephesians 2:1)
- God, who is rich in love and mercy, sent His only Son (John 3:16) as a substitute (Galatians 3:13) to save those who trust in Him as Lord and Savior from sins death penalty and to declare them righteous by faith in Jesus Christ. (Romans 4:3-5)
- All that have believed in Jesus Christ are justified by His death (Galatians 2:15) and eternally saved by personal faith alone in His perfect finished work…victory over death. (Ephesians 2:1)
- The universal church, of which Christ is the head (Colossians 1:18), consist of all who have been redeemed by His death and are born again of the Holy Spirit.
- God has given man direct access to Himself through His Son, Jesus Christ, who is the one Mediator between God and man.
ABOUT THE FUTURE
- Jesus will return to the earth personally and visibly (Titus 2:13)
- It is the duty of the believer to live in readiness for His return, demonstrating to all in the way we live, the reality and power of our certain hope in Jesus Christ (Titus 2:14)
- There will be a bodily resurrection of the saved and the unsaved: For the saved, a resurrection unto eternal life with Christ (I Corinthian 15:50-55); For the unsaved, a resurrection unto everlasting condemnation in hell. (Revelation 20:11-15)